I recently made Carnitas and my family got tired of the leftovers so I had to get creative. I made enchiladas with what I had leftover and they turned out really good…
- Carnitas – shredded
- 1 can of enchilada sauce
- 1 can of diced green chilies
- 1 bag shredded Mexican blend cheese
- fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl combine pork, 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce, and 1 tablespoon snipped cilantro. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the remaining enchilada sauce and the diced green chili peppers. Spread about 1/2 cup of enchilada-green chili pepper mixture in the bottom of a 3-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside.
- Divide pork mixture and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese among tortillas, placing meat and cheese near the edge of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas. Place filled tortillas, seam sides down, in the prepared baking dish (place tortillas close together); top with the remaining enchilada-green chili pepper mixture. Cover with foil; bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or until heated through and cheese is softened and starts to brown slightly.