• 3-4 Chicken breasts or 5-6 thighs (breast is better in this recipe)
• 1 cup of salsa of choice (look for no artificial ingredients or sugar or make your own)
• 2 teaspoons each of: onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin – or more to taste
• Optional if serving as a salad: lettuce or spinach, tomatoes, avocado, sour cream, salsa
What to do:
1. Put chicken in slow cooker and sprinkle with spices.
2. Pour salsa over the chicken.
3. Cook on low for 7-8 hours (check after 5 as temp can vary a lot) until tender. Shred with forks before serving.
4. When done, let cool slightly and serve over salad with desired toppings or use alone.